Michelle Holland’s message is simple but powerful: if we want our organisations to be better, we have to start by making our ‘experience of work’ better.
Best known for her pioneering work and ideas in the field of business culture, Michelle believes that our experience of work has a profound impact on innovation, leadership and the future—and she should know. As an organisational culture, change and leadership expert with over two decades of experience, Michelle has helped some of Australia’s and the world’s largest companies transform their cultures and business performance by improving their experience of work.
This is a key focus of her work at her company SynergyIQ, where she is the Executive Director and Founder. At SynergyIQ, Michelle and the team are working at the forefront of strategic and organisational change, helping organisations face and navigate complex challenges.
The author of three books, including her international bestseller ‘Culture Inc‘, Michelle is one of the most influential voices in Australia on the experience of work, the business of change and the future of culture and leadership. She is a popular choice for conferences wanting to inspire their audiences with a fresh, original and thought-provoking take on work, culture, leadership and the future and challenges thinking at the highest levels.
Due in late 2022, her latest book, Imperfect Leadership, explores authenticity, embracing imperfection and how comparison in leadership is the fast-track to burnout.
She’s also a certified Dare to Lead™ facilitator (yes, she’s met Dr Brené Brown), an accredited Culture Profiler, and is currently undertaking a Doctorate in the field of business leadership.
Michelle gives generously to her audience and maintains relevance through continual research and development. As Michelle learns and grows, so does her ability to provide a unique look at the world through the creative and curious eyes of a corporate anthropologist.
Michelle works Online, Live, Nationally and Internationally. Some her clients include BHP (mining), BAE (defence), KBR (engineering), SA Water (utilities), University of Adelaide, the Australian Federal Government and a variety of other private and government organisations.
She lives in South Australia with her two children, partner and two adorable dogs, overflowing bookshelves,…and has a healthy obsession with all things Marvel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Harry Potter.
Michelle is available for speaking engagements, workshops and consultancy and would love to hear from you! Contact her at email@example.com
CORPORATE CLIENTS HAVE INCLUDED:
BHP, BAE, Anglicare, University of Adelaide, KBR, SA Water, City of Burnside, City of Charles Sturt, Elders, Royal Society of the Blind (RSB), Dan Murphy’s, RenewalSA, and Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission.
Professional Memberships and Notable Achievements
- Culture Inc, Create a business that delivers results and people love
- Energy Vampires Suck: A story about discovering inner strength and taking back your life (The Slayer Codex Vol1)
- Unearthing Vampires: Identifying and removing energy vampires from your life (The Slayer Codex Vol2)
- Imperfect Leadership (due for publish 2022)
- Certified Professional Australian HR Institute
- Member Change Management Institute
- Fellow of Leaders Institute (FGLF13)
- Graduate Neuroscience Academy
- Member SA Women Leaders
- Doctorate of Business Leadership (underway)
- Graduate Certificate of Human Resource Management
- Graduate Certificate of Ethics and Legal Studies
- Certificate APMG Change Management Practitioner
- Certificate in Neuroscience
- Advanced Diploma of Human Resource Management
- Advanced Diploma of Accounting
- Diploma of Management and Leadership
- Governor’s Leadership Foundation (FGLF13)
- Accreditation Herrmann Brain Dominance Indicator (Thinking Styles Diagnosis)
- Accreditation Lifestyle Inventory (Leadership Style Diagnosis)
- Accreditation Group Styles Inventory (Team Working Diagnosis)
- Accreditation Organisational Culture Inventory (Culture Diagnosis)
- Accreditation Organisational Effectiveness Inventory (Business Effectiveness Diagnosis)