Leveraging her interest in people and business development, she traded in her accounting career to pursue her undergraduate and graduate degrees in human behaviour, organisational development and ethics. Michelle also has qualifications in accounting, creating change and neuroscience. Having held a range of positions in human resources and senior management, Michelle is proud of her successes. Among other accomplishments, she is particularly proud of the leadership programs, workforce planning methodologies, and business transformation strategies that she has created and implemented.
In 2013, Michelle founded SynergyIQ a business consultancy that helps business leaders to create better businesses, specialising in culture, leadership, and change. In 2016, along with her partner, Pete Barter, she launched an online platform that is revolutionizing the music education sector. The platform manages administration functions so the educator can focus on teaching and finding new clients, through the system.
Throughout her career, Michelle has worked with many organisations including BHP, BAE, KBR, Aurecon, University of Adelaide, Anglicare, Dan Murphy’s, RenewalSA, SA Water, Australian Federal Government, State and Local Government organisations, Helping Hand Aged Care, the University of South Australia, Meals on Wheels, and Flinders University to name a few.
As a keynote and guest speaker, she has spoken at conferences, live events and online events across Australia and Internationally. Her passion is helping leaders to create more commercially savvy, productive, and enjoyable workplaces that delight their customers and people.
An accredited leadership and culture profiler, WholeBrain Thinking coach for Herrmann Asia International, and a strategic change advisor, Michelle’s professional associations include the Australian Human Resource Institute, SA Women Leaders, and the Leaders Institute of South Australia.
In her spare time, Michelle volunteers as a mentor for young entrepreneurs and young business professionals.
She has travelled and worked throughout Australia, Canada, the United States, England, Scotland, France, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Jordan, Malaysia, Thailand, Borneo, Singapore, Bali, Fiji, and New Caledonia.
Michelle T Holland is the author of four books including her new book “Imperfect Leadership” (published 2022), and lives in South Australia, Australia with her two children, her partner, two adorable ratbag dogs, overflowing bookshelves,…and has a healthy obsession with all things Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Harry Potter.
Professional Memberships and Notable Achievements
- Culture Inc, Create a business that delivers results and people love
- Energy Vampires Suck: A story about discovering inner strength and taking back your life (The Slayer Codex Vol1)
- Unearthing Vampires: Identifying and removing energy vampires from your life (The Slayer Codex Vol2)
- Imperfect Leadership (due for publish 2022)
- Certified Professional Australian HR Institute
- Member Change Management Institute
- Fellow of Leaders Institute (FGLF13)
- Graduate Neuroscience Academy
- Member SA Women Leaders
- Masters of Human Resource Management (underway)
- Graduate Certificate of Ethics and Legal Studies
- Advanced Diploma of Accounting
- Advanced Diploma of Human Resource Management
- Diploma of Management and Leadership
- Governor’s Leadership Foundation (FGLF13)
- Accreditation Herrmann Brain Dominance Indicator (Thinking Styles Diagnosis)
- Accreditation Lifestyle Inventory (Leadership Style Diagnosis)
- Accreditation Group Styles Inventory (Team Working Diagnosis)
- Accreditation Organisational Culture Inventory (Culture Diagnosis)
- Accreditation Organisational Effectiveness Inventory (Business Effectiveness Diagnosis)
- Certificate APMG Change Management Practitioner
- Certificate in Neuroscience